Friday, May 11, 2007

Week 1 of first doctoral accounting class

Today is officially the last day of the first week of last for my first ever doctoral class in accounting. I am actually did better on the first assignment than I had expected. The first assignment was worth 28 points and I received 27 points so, on I am on my way to receiving an A in this class. I am so excited about the possibilities and at times it is hard to believe.

Since the class is a web based class and our form of communication is comments to posts, as well as posting the assignments for all in class to see. The instructor posts comments to all students about there submission and I am surprised at the comments. My fellow students are not referencing and citing the minimum for the assignment and they are not proof reading what they submit for grammar and spelling. It makes me wonder if they will pay attention to detail when grading their students assignments since the majority want to teach upon completion of the DBA.

No comments: